Prep time: 15 minutes, plus time to prepare squid and 30 minutes to marinate
Cooking time: 15 minutes
2 squid (boned)
100g rice flour
100g corn flour
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Juice and zest of 1 lime
500ml vegetable oil
For the Sweet Chilli Dip
1 red chilli
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 spring onion, chopped
- For the Sweet Chilli Dip cut the chilli in half and remove the seeds and pith, then finely chop
- Add chopped chilli to a mixture of the sugar, water and white wine vinegar and bring to the boil. Once boiled allow to cool. Once cool add chopped spring onion
- Cut the prepared squid into rings or score on the outside and cut into squares
- Add half the Suölo Reduced Sodium Sea Salt & Black Pepper to the squid
- Cover the squid with half the lemon and lime zest and juice allow to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Mix the rice flour, cornflour and the remaining lemon and lime zest with the remaining Suölo Reduced Sodium Sea Salt & Black Pepper.
- When the squid has marinated. Dip the squid into the flour mix making sure to completely cover the squid
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan until the oil is approx. 180°C (not smoking). Once the oil is hot reduce the heat to medium and place the squid carefully into the oil. Lift out of the oil with a slotted spoon when golden brown.
- Serve the squid with a slice of lemon and/or lime and sweet chilli sauce