Prep time: 15 minutes, plus 30 minutes to “cure” in fridge
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
2 x 200g cod with skin
200g new potatoes
10g chives, finely chopped
100ml white wine
4/5 leaves of mint, chopped
4 thyme sprigs
Juice of 1 lemon
Vegetable oil for frying
Butter for vegetables
Suölo® Reduced Sodium Sea Salt to taste
- Salt the cod on both sides with Suölo® Reduced Sodium Sea Salt, Black Pepper & Seaweed and place in the fridge for 20/30minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/ Gas 4.
- Boil the new potatoes in water until soft, drain, add small amount of butter and a sprinkle of Suölo® Reduced Sodium Sea Salt, Black Pepper & Seaweed and leave until needed.
- Boil or steam peas and add to a pan with a small amount of butter, Suölo® Reduced Sodium Sea Salt and chopped mint
- Chop the shallot and sweat off in a pan with a touch of vegetable oil and thyme. When soft put the heat up to full and add white wine. Allow the white wine to reduce until almost nothing and then add the cream and bring to the boil. Remove the thyme.
- Chop the chives finely and add ¾ of the chives to the sauce just before serving.
- Wash the cod and place on a cloth to dry.
- Place a small amount of oil in a non-stick pan and place the fish skin-side down and then place on a low heat until the fish skin is crispy.
- While the fish skin is cooking put the potatoes back on a gentle heat and mix with the butter. Crush the new potatoes and add remaining chopped chives just before serving.
- When the fish skin is crispy, flip it over and place in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Put the pea puree and white wine sauce back on a low heat and stir regularly while the fish cooks.
- Serve everything on to a heated plate, being careful not to put the sauce on the crispy skin.